Electrical Workers' Minority Caucus (EWMC)
EWMC invites all IBEW members to join us for our monthly meetings on the 4th Tuesday of the each month (some exceptions).
We are Sisters and Brothers from Local 213, committed to bringing our communities together and to working in solidarity on advancing human rights. Do you want to get involved? Join us at our next meeting. We welcome all IBEW members! For more information contact us: EWMCBCCHAPTER@gmail.com
EWMC - B.C. Chapter Executive:
- President: Darren Danbrook
- Vice President: Stephanie Jang
- Treasurer: Becky Lupton
- Recording Secretary: Rav Ghuman
- Member-at-Large: Cade Lundin
Until further notice, EWMC meetings will be held by conference call. For directions on how to join the call please email: EWMCBCCHAPTER@gmail.com
Our last meeting for 2021 will be on Tuesday, December 14.
Meetings in 2022:
- January 25
- February 22
- March 22
- April 26
- May 24
- June 28
- July 26
- August 23
- September 27
- October 25
- November 22
- December 27
- To promote equity, inclusion and employment for equity groups at all levels of the IBEW structure.
- To foster leadership development and empower equity groups to become active participants and leaders in the IBEW.
- To assist IBEW equity group members who have discrimination and/or harassment complaints.
- To promote, support and assist the organizing of equity group workers in the IBEW.
- To promote, support and assist in the leadership of the IBEW on the issues and concerns of equity group workers in the IBEW.
- To encourage equity group workers to be greater activists in community and political affairs.
- To be actively involved in Human Rights on issues that impact LGBTQ, women, workers of colour, Indigenous workers and workers with disabilities as well as support organizations that advance the cause of equity group workers.